Tuesday, March 23, 2010

The bump and catch up...

As usual, I'm behind. I ask myself and Dave on a regular basis how everyone else seems to be organized and always caught up. We've started the house hunting process and it seems to consume most of our time. Maybe we're over-analyzing each house we look at and maybe I'm expecting too much that the perfect house will appear before our eyes. Or maybe it's just because I'm in that "nesting phase" that I swore I'd never go through but Dave has brought it to my attention that I'm definitely there.

The "little guy's" current place of residence. Lately he's been quite active. At our doctor appointment on Thursday, she could barely catch him long enough to get his heartbeat for a second and then he'd move. She finally said that with how much he's moving she's not worried about him at all. We can now see my stomach move when he moves and Dave definitely hasn't had a problem feeling him move with how active he's been.

Back in February, Charleston had it's first snowfall in years. It was pretty unbelievable considering we thought we had left that weather behind for the sun and palm trees in the south. Mother Nature definitely had other ideas. Our friend Gemini was over that night cooking Indian. We stopped to take a picture during the history making moment. Where we lived, about 3 inches fell, further inland had even more. Unbelievable!!


That same night, February 12th my sister Sarah's son was born - Joshua Robert. What a beautiful boy! He's the spitting image of his father! Unbelievably, he was born on my sister Maria's birthday.
We finally started to get some fabulous weather and last weekend I capitalized on it! We went to a greenhouse and picked out some flowers for the patio. I thoroughly enjoyed my Sunday morning cleaning up from the winter and getting ready for spring!! Dave enjoyed being a photographer and got some great shots of the blooms on our tree and the new flowers as well as a guest that's taken up residence...as long as it stays on the patio it's welcome...





Hope you have a wonderful rest of the week!!

Love,
Beth

15 comments:

  1. Beth, you're adorable! Oh my gosh, I love you:)!! I can't believe you're house hunting again?!! We really need to catch up soon! Hopefully I'll catch a certain birthday girl this weekend:) Hope you finally got your Christmas gift? It's a long story, but I sent it out in Jan...so, I'm hoping it finally made it! Miss you and love your new "resident"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth you look absolutely beautiful!!! I am so jealous of your flowers too - so pretty. It was great talking to you tonight - let the countdown to July begin! Love you guys! (And good luck house hunting this weeekend - maybe that will be your birthday present...) Have fun at the beach too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look great! i love the basketball bump stage:) good luck house hunting- what an exciting time for the 3 of you!!
    (p.s- so i am assuming it is a little boy?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My goodness you look beautiful!! I can't wait to see and feel my baby nephew moving around. I can't believe that bump of yours! Joshua is so excited for July. He can't wait to meet his new best friend to play with! The porch with the flowers looks amazing! Have fun planting while you can :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I completely missed the ball because I didn't know you were pregnant--CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I'm so excited for you guys! Enjoy your pregnancy and enjoy as much time as you can with Dave right now. Wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beth - wow you look SO CUTE!!! I am happy to hear that your baby is so active (how fun is that?!) AND that he's a BOY (hooray)! Keep me updated :) and keep the flowers blooming! :)
    Love,
    Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Beth!

    Congrats on expecting a little one! I'm so glad I stumbled across your blog! I'm going to add you to my blog roll. Looks like you are doing great!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just a little note saying hi!! I miss you, and I am praying for you guys and your little baby:) Hope you all are well- if you are up here, give me a call and we can get together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just wanted to say "Miss you!!" and I hope things are going well with your babe-ster :)
    ~Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey beth!
    What is your DUE DATE? Are you getting excited!?!?! :) :) :)
    ~Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha- Janelle beat me to it! We were just talking about you the other day and wondering when you were due....looks like just a few more weeks!! Hope you are feeling well! We are thinking about you and praying for your little one:) Can't wait to hear from you:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Beth, I've also been thinking of you. It can be anytime, now! I was 37 weeks pregnant when my water broke. I hope you're doing well, and I can't wait to hear some updates--and to see pictures of your new baby when he arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay so it's past July 12th.... do you have any news for us yet!? I'm dying to hear!! :) :) :)
    ~Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  14. CONGRATS ON YOUR BABY BOY!!!! I just found out that you delivered --and I can't wait to see some pictures!! I hope your labor went well and that you're feeling good with you new little babe. Tell David III hello from Janelle & Joe :)
    Congrats to you both,
    Janelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on BABY NUMBER 2!!!! Can't wait to hear more about it :)
    Smiles,
    Janelle

    ReplyDelete